Nutrition Consultation Agreement Contract
By accepting and paying for your initial consultation the client agrees to the following with Health & Fitness Worcestershire Ltd trading as The Toddway
You will discuss and agree the support you require from The Toddway in your initial consultation. You can review the progress and focus of our work together as you go along. At the end of a set of booked sessions you can either not continue, Re-book for another set of sessions or proceed on a session by session basis.
You must complete a health questionnaire at least 14 days prior to the initial consultation. This is so we can gain a better understanding of your existing health concerns that you would like support with.
The initial consultation is 90 minutes in length, and follow-up sessions last 45 minutes. Longer sessions, and more frequent sessions, can be arranged if you need additional support. Unfortunately, if you are late for an appointment we may have to still end at the arranged time.
You are required to pay for sessions, which are missed or cancelled, with less than 48 hours’ notice. Please note we require payment in full before your scheduled session/s start. You will receive an invoice at the time of booking the initial consultation. Please note all pre-paid packages paid for upfront are non-refundable and are subject to a time limit in which they need to be used.
It is important that you attend sessions regularly. However, if you need to cancel an appointment please let The Todd Way know with at least 48 hours’ notice. You can do this in advance in a session by either email or telephone.
If you miss more than two consecutive session without prior discussion it will be assumed you no longer require the program and your contract will be terminated.
Confidentiality and Data Protection
Issues & Complaints
If you are having a problem with The Toddway or our service, and have not been able to resolve it, Please provide written details of the concern.
Internet based platforms
It is your responsibility to have a working internet connection for communication. You will be charged for scheduled sessions if your nutritional therapist is waiting for your call, but you are unable to connect online.
Phone based communication
We will call you for any phone sessions to a UK landline or mobile number if you are in the UK. If your mobile signal is poor then you should provide an alternative method of contact. If you live outside of the UK then additional charges will apply.
The Toddway practice in accordance with the British Association Nutritional Therapists Ethical Framework and in line with The Toddway’s policies regarding Equal Opportunities and Safety.
The Nutritional Therapy Descriptor
Nutritional Therapy is the application of nutrition science in the promotion of health, peak performance and individual care. Nutritional therapy practitioners use a wide range of tools to assess and identify potential nutritional imbalances and understand how these may contribute to an individual’s symptoms and health concerns. This approach allows them to work with individuals to address nutritional balance and help support the body towards maintaining health. Nutritional therapy is recognised as a complementary medicine and is relevant for individuals with chronic conditions, as well as those looking for support to enhance their health and wellbeing.
Practitioners consider each individual to be unique and recommend personalised nutrition and lifestyle programmes rather than a ‘one size fits all’ approach. Practitioners never recommend nutritional therapy as a replacement for medical advice and always refer any client with ‘red flag’ signs or symptoms to their medical professional. They will also frequently work alongside a medical professional and will communicate with other healthcare professionals involved in the client’s care to explain any nutritional therapy programme that has been provided.
The Nutritional Therapist (NT) requests that the Client notes the following:-
- The degree of benefit obtainable from Nutritional Therapy may vary between clients with similar health problems and following a similar Nutritional Therapy programme. Nutritional advice will be tailored to support health conditions and/or health concerns identified and agreed between both parties.
- Nutritional therapists are not permitted to diagnose, or claim to treat, medical conditions.
- Nutritional advice is not a substitute for professional medical advice and/or treatment.
- Your Nutritional Therapist may recommend food supplements and/or functional testing as part of your Nutritional Therapy programme and may receive a commission on these products or services.
- Standards of professional practice in Nutritional Therapy are governed by the CNHC Code of Conduct.
This document only covers the practice of Nutritional Therapy within this consultation, and your practitioner will make it clear if he or she intends to step outside this boundary.
The Client understands and agrees to the following: (please tick)
- I am responsible for contacting my GP about any health concerns.
- I give permission for you to contact my GP regarding any agreed aspects of my case
- If I am receiving treatment from my GP, or any other medical provider, I should tell him/her about any nutritional strategy provided by my nutritional therapist (Sandra Todd). This is necessary because of any possible reaction between medication and the nutritional programme.
- It is important that I tell my nutritional therapist (Sandra Todd) about any medical diagnosis, medication, herbal medicine, or food supplements, I am taking as this may affect the nutritional programme.
- If I am unclear about the agreed nutritional therapy (Sandra Todd) programme/food supplement doses/time period, I should contact my nutritional therapist (Sandra Todd) promptly for clarification.
- I must contact my nutritional therapist (Sandra Todd) should I wish to continue any specified supplement programme for longer than the original agreed period, to avoid any potential adverse reactions.
- Recording consultations using any form of electronic media is not allowed without the written permission by both parties.
Health & Fitness Worcestershire Ltd trading as The Toddway is a limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 07932849